Generic Implementation Support Resources
Each local area is encouraged to use a structured process for implementing SIGN guidelines. The main steps include:
- Clinical Effectiveness and Clinical Governance Staff are made aware of upcoming guidelines and key content
- Local areas set up a distribution list to receive the new guideline when it is published
- A local multidisciplinary team is set up to plan for the dissemination, awareness raising, implementation and evaluation of the new guideline
- This implementation team audits whether key recommendations are already being implemented, and if not, plans, prioritises and works towards closing this gap
- Where possible, links should be made to managed clinical networks, national projects and patient safety or quality improvement work.